RE: [LandCafe] A geoist logo of sorts

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 15, 2007

      I have used the International logo on occasion. Look on their website.

      Harry

      ******************************

      Harry Pollard

      Henry George School of Los Angeles

      Box 655 Tujunga CA 91042

      818 352-4141

      ******************************

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 15, 2007
        Dan: Thanks for sticking for me!
        Peter: You got mad at me when I was only trying
        to promote your general concept as something that
        organizations might want to buy in on-a compliment not a criticism.

        Sue
        At 08:53 AM 9/15/2007, Dan Sullivan wrote:
        >On 14 Sep 2007 at 18:20, Peter Bjørn Perlsø wrote:
        >
        > > This is just sticking the finger in the ground, so to speak.
        > >
        > > If you like it or not, so be it. I'm just making a suggestion. Use it
        > > if you wish. If you dont like it, don't.
        > >
        > > Good weekend to you all.
        >
        > > On Sep 14, 2007, at 17.13 , snswalton wrote:
        > >
        > > > Nice idea, but shouldn't the various georgist organizations have a
        > > > major say in this? I speaking about the IU, the CGO which are the
        > > > umbrella groups? I am copying CGO president Ted Gwartney on this.
        >
        >Sue forwarded the artwork to one of the two major umbrella
        >organizations, and for that you repudiate her. You said you were
        >looking for advice, but it sounds like you were just looking for
        >complements.
        >
        >Anyhow, if it's not a logo for the major Geoist organizations, then it's
        >not particularly a Geoist logo. It could be a logo for a particular
        >organization, if you have one in mind, or it could be just an exercise
        >in artwork. I do a bit of graphic art myself, and designed all of the
        >CGO conference brochures of recent years. I tend to decide what the
        >art is for, who will use it and who the intended audience is before I
        >start designing away. Otherwise I might as well be sticking my finger
        >in the ground, as you say.
        >
        >I don't have an opinion on your particular artwork because my
        >computer wouldn't open it, and so I didn't see it. Photoshop does
        >export to standard formats, which are also much smaller in terms of
        >memory.
        >
        >-ds
        >

        >Check in here via the homepage at http://landcafe.org
        >To post message to group: LandCafe@yahoogroups.com
        >& please think twice before posting to the group as a whole
        >(It might be that your note is best sent to one person?)
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Scott & Sue Walton
        1111 Church St.-#405
        Evanston, IL 60201 USA

        847-475-0391-v; efax 775/248-8630
        sns@...
      • Peter Bjørn Perlsø
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 15, 2007
          Answer below.
          --
          vh, Peter Perlsø - web: http://titancity.com - tel: +45  2685 5909 - Skype: neglesaks

          Anti-fascism, like its fascist precursor, is primarily anti-human  and misanthropic. It despises its supposed constituents as much  as its sworn enemies, and has a vested interest in promoting  racial conflict. When we recognise that fascists and anti-fascists  are as one, their rhetoric of hatred will lose its power.

          - Aidan Rankin

          On Sep 15, 2007, at 15.53 , Dan Sullivan wrote:

          On 14 Sep 2007 at 18:20, Peter Bjørn Perlsø wrote:

          This is just sticking the finger in the ground, so to speak.

          If you like it or not, so be it. I'm just making a suggestion. Use it
          if you wish. If you dont like it, don't.

          Good weekend to you all.

          On Sep 14, 2007, at 17.13 , snswalton wrote:

          Nice idea, but shouldn't the various georgist organizations have a
          major say in this?  I speaking about the IU, the CGO which are the
          umbrella groups?  I am copying CGO president Ted Gwartney on this.

          Sue forwarded the artwork to one of the two major umbrella
          organizations, and for that you repudiate her.

          I've done no such thing.

          You said you were
          looking for advice, but it sounds like you were just looking for
          complements.

          Nonsense. Compliments are nice, but that is in no way my motive. My motive is contribution to a movement i'm feeling a stronger attachment to every day.

          Anyhow, if it's not a logo for the major Geoist organizations, then it's
          not particularly a Geoist logo. It could be a logo for a particular
          organization, if you have one in mind, or it could be just an exercise
          in artwork.

          So far it is the latter, and if anyone has suggestions for corrections, alternatives or otherwise (as opposed to unreasonable polemic like you have just delivered), i'll adopt those and try them out.

          I do a bit of graphic art myself, and designed all of the
          CGO conference brochures of recent years. I tend to decide what the
          art is for, who will use it and who the intended audience is before I
          start designing away. Otherwise I might as well be sticking my finger
          in the ground, as you say.

          I don't have an opinion on your particular artwork because my
          computer wouldn't open it, and so I didn't see it. Photoshop does
          export to standard formats, which are also much smaller in terms of
          memory.

          I will upload JPG versions to my webserver soonest.

           - Peter