Re:Land will get much scarcer

  • Roy Langston
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 10:13 AM
      Using fuel to produce grain and then using the grain to produce fuel is self-evidently absurd. Until we see a farm running entirely and sustainably on the biofuel it produces, biofuel from grain cannot be considered anything but another scheme to rob the productive and shovel the money into landowners' pockets for doing nothing.

      Years ago, a friend told me she had bought a corn-burning stove to heat her house because it was cheaper than using electricity, fossil fuels, or wood -- and she lived not in the Corn Belt, but in a region of vast forests! I wondered at the time how far such insanity could go, and unfortunately, I doubt that we have yet seen its limit. I fear for my children when I reflect on the price it must ultimately exact.

    • Paul Metz
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9 3:01 AM
        Roy,

        Yes, LVT alone will not save the planet and our "civilization". To protect nature, also zoning is essential.

        Paul Metz