Re: Photo favour

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 10:32 PM
      Re: Photo favour

      Hi folks,
      Back home from China now.

      On our last day in Beijing we visited the museum that used to be the home of Soong Ching Ling the wife of one of my heros Dr Sun Yat-sen.

      I was very moved to be at Soong Ching Ling's house. I'd visited Dr Sun Yat-sen's house in Shanghai but neither museum had any material on Sun Yat-sen's support for Annual Land Value Tax as advocated by Henry George.

      There was also the Beijing press launch of 42nd Street (an old American musical) at the museum.

      After the museum we had to rush back to our hotel and get to the airport for a flight back to Britain.

      We couldn't get a taxi to the downtown bus station for the airport shuttle bus with all our cases. 6 taxi drivers offered to take us to the airport but refused  to take us to the bus station So we struggled on the subway. One gentleman gave us advice that a taxi to the airport would only cost $75.  Yes I said, $75 plus a carbon footprint that will add to climate change and destroy our planet!

      Best Wishes,
      Dave

      Dave Wetzel
      Vice-Chair TfL