Re: Interest in LVT

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2007
      Re: Interest in LVT

      I agree with Henry,
      But why stop at Swedish?

      Can we agree that we should have an entry to our websites in as many different languages as possible?

      A short paragraph explaining what LVT is and inviting further exploration in English but with an offer to help with translation and the setting up of a national website?

      I visited a public park by Tinnemin Square in Beijing dedicated to Dr Sun Yat-sen yesterday. There is a huge statue of him but no mention of LVT.
      Although in the 15th venturet an altar and buildings were erected for the Emperor to give savdicies twice a year (February and August). This altar has marble walls surrounding it in red (actually yellowy gold), white (ivory), blue and black to represent all the colours of the earth and the Emperor as sole owner.

      Dr Sun Yat-sen's body was laid here vermonislly after he died in 1925 and before he was buried elsewhere.

      I've now been invited to give a lecture on transport and LVT in another city before my conference begins in August. I am meeting officials and academics in Beijing this week.

      For those attending the CGO - have a good time but don't come back converted from Henry George to Catholicism!

      Best Wishes,
      Dave

      Dave Wetzel
      Vice-Chair TfL
      Tel: 020 7126 4200
      --------------------------

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2007
        Re: Interest in LVT

        I agree with Henry,
        But why stop at Swedish?

        Can we agree that we should have an entry to our websites in as many different languages as possible?

        A short paragraph explaining what LVT is and inviting further exploration in English but with an offer to help with translation and the setting up of a national website?

        I visited a public park by Tinnemin Square in Beijing dedicated to Dr Sun Yat-sen yesterday. He was responsible for overthrowing the Emperor and creating a chinese republic. He was a keen supporter of Annual Land Value Tax and Henry George. However, there is a huge statue of him but no mention of LVT.
        Although in the 15th Century an altar and buildings were erected for the Emperor to give sacrificies twice a year (February and August). This altar has marble walls surrounding it in red (actually yellowy gold), white (ivory), blue and black to represent all the colours of the earth and the Emperor as sole owner.

        Dr Sun Yat-sen's body was laid here ceremonially after he died in 1925 and before he was buried elsewhere.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2007
          Re: Interest in LVT

          Reply from Henry Law :

          Definitely other languages.

           This might be an appropriate project for the IU to have a
          website which was a multilingual portal to LVT, with links.

          One can never know which country is going to pick the idea up. But all anyone can really do is to make the knowledge available as accessibly as possible and offer help if wanted.

          Languages I would like to see are German, French, Polish, Russian and Japanese.

          Henry Law
          -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
          I 'd also like to see Esperanto included

          Best Wishes,
          Dave

          Dave Wetzel
          Vice-Chair TfL
          Tel: 020 7126 4200
          --------------------------

        • Julien Gross
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
            Hi dave,
            It just shows how parochial we were, or may be still are, to just now to realise that IU should have a multilingual website
            as a ''portal to LVT''. For this alone the on line invention was a godsend.
            With my rejoicing gratitude for this Prometeian discovery.
            Also in Spanish please!
            Julien

            On 22 Jul 2007, at 22:21, Wetzel Dave wrote:

            Reply from Henry Law :

            Definitely other languages.

             This might be an appropriate project for the IU to have a
            website which was a multilingual portal to LVT, with links.

            One can never know which country is going to pick the idea up. But all anyone can really do is to make the knowledge available as accessibly as possible and offer help if wanted.

            Languages I would like to see are German, French, Polish, Russian and Japanese.

            Henry Law
            -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
            I 'd also like to see Esperanto included

            Best Wishes,
            Dave

            Dave Wetzel
            Vice-Chair TfL
            Tel: 020 7126 4200

            If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster@tfl.gov.uk.

          • Wetzel Dave
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
              Re: [LandCafe] Re: Interest in LVT

              Hi Julian, This was my  reply to Henry last week.
              Obviously I agree with you that we should do this and  include more languages including Spanish and Esperanto.