Re: [LandCafe] FillingtheVacuumConference15October

  • Jon Mendel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
      Dear All,

      Henry George Foundation (UK) and Labour Land Campaign have actually got a seminar at the European Social Forum (to be run together with several other organisations - FIAN, La Via Campesina and CPE). We are therefore organising a seminar titled 'Land Rights - equitable access to land and resources in Europe and the Global South'. The description of the seminar is: 'Everyone needs natural resources to live, but most are deprived of their rights to these resources. We will therefore explore different approaches to land/resource access, use, ownership and taxation - including Agrarian Reform, the Right to feed oneself and resource rentals. Peasants/Representatives from Europe and Brasil will share their experiences.' I think (not that I'm biased...) that this should prove to be a really interesting seminar, and a great opportunity to get more people interested in land reform; naturally, the more who attend the seminar the better.

      Apologies for posting this information fairly late: we were waiting for the European Social Forum timetable to be released; this isn't out yet, so all I can say is the seminar will be some time October 15-7 in North London. I should also say that to attend the whole of the Forum as a delegate only costs £30 (£20 concessions); you can register at http://www.fse-esf.org/en/esf.shtml?conds[0][category.......1]=Register&als[SSECTION]=Register. Look forward to seeing lots of you at the seminar, and meeting some of you in a less virtual Land Cafe at the Forum.

      All the best,

      Jon Mendel (Henry George Foundation)