RE: [New Mobility/World Transport Forum] WBCSD - IHT.comArticle:C armakers feel pinch of pollution

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004
      Cheers Bryan.
      LVT won't cure headaches - we'll still need to take an aspirin.

      Similarly we can't expect LVT to cure all ills or odd human behaviour
      directly.

      However, I do believe that if we share the earth's natural resources more
      equitably and create a fairer society then maybe, just maybe, our attitudes
      to each other may change. We may discover that co-operation gives us more
      satisfaction than competition and that it is more important to take care of
      the planet than to acquire the latest consumer gizmo.

      Dave

      Dave Wetzel
      Vice-chair,
      Transport for London

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
        1. Chinese products must obey the the same high standards of EU-made
        products.
        But indeed, standards are never high enough as they are compromises, agreed
        many years after a problem was first detected.

        2. LVT is not an aspirin, not a deck chair. It is a new and better tax with
        a preventative effect if well-designed.
        If e.g. the revenues are paid in equal dividends to the citizens, it not
        just arranges that - as Dave nicely writes - "we share the earth's natural
        resources more equitably". We also will use them more efficiently, i.e.
        sustainably.

        INTEGeR... consult

        Dr Paul E. Metz Managing Consultant
        Phone +31 26 362 04 50

        Mobile +31 653 76 58 85
        Email Metz@...
        URL http://www.integerconsult.org

        Market intelligence for profitable green business

[...]

        *******
        The contents of the e-mail and any transmitted files are confidential and
        addressed. Transport for London hereby exclude any warranty and any
        liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and
        any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient be
        advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,
        dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly
        prohibited.

        postmaster@....

        presence of computer viruses.
        *******

        Please think twice before posting to the group as a whole.
        To post message to group: LandCafe@yahoogroups.com
        Consult Value Capture Initiative at: http://ecoplan.org -
        Yahoo! Groups Links