BBC Radio Programme

  • Mark Porthouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
      My wife has just noticed that this (below) is on next week on BBC Radio
      4 (available on the internet as well as over air in the UK).

      Evan is an interesting chap, I tend to like his analyses.

      The times below are GMT. It will be available on the internet from here:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4.shtml
      at those times.

      Cheers,

      Mark

      DOCUMENTARY: The Price of Property
      On: BBC Radio Four (704)
      Date: Tuesday 6th March 2007 (starting in 6 days)
      Time: 09:00 to 09:30 (30 minutes long)
      ALSO
      21:30 to 21:58 (28 minutes long)

      Part 1.
      British homeowners are now in the majority - 70% of our homes are
      owner-occupied, a figure that's doubled in the last 50 years. Evan Davis
      explores the rise and rise of the home-owner and the growing influence
      of the property market on every aspect of life in Britain today. He
      begins by asking why politicians of all parties now champion home
      ownership, and whether the rise in owner-occupation has made us a more
      conservative nation, a wealthier nation or a more divided nation.
      Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from
      http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=17058

      Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2007

        Mark,

        He is indeed interesting.

        This is one of a series, apparently. The others will come weekly.

        Harry

        **********************************

        Henry George School of Social Science

        of Los Angeles.

        Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042

        818 352-4141

        **********************************

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2007
          You can catch up here if you missed it:
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/priceofproperty/
          On the right you can click on "6 March 2007" to listen to the last
          programme.

          I believe it is a four part series. Last night was certainly interesting
          looking at the evolution of owner occupation of homes. Next week he will
          be looking at the reasons for the current housing market conditions.

          Cheers,

          Mark