Re: New Fred Harrison Video

    Message 1 of 78 , Jun 16, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "k_r_johansen" <kjetil.r.johansen@...> wrote:

      > First of all, Thatcher and Reagan did not
      > offshore anything or give out credit-cards.
      > They enabled it.

      Which is tantamount to the same thing. They laid the rails which we rode on.

      They did not free the market enough for sure. They rigged it.

      All Nordic countries are not the same. Norway is an oil economy and very wealthy because of it. Sweden and Finland are more manufacturing based. Although I do admire the way Norway used oil revenues to the benefit of the people. Unlike Thatcher who squandered the UKs oil wealth on unemployment benefit.

      You made some good points.
    • David Reed
      Message 78 of 78 , Jul 15, 2013
        Message received and understood.
        I would say in my own defence that I try to avoid tangling with Langston.  The last set-to
         arose from an open posting of a quote from the IFS( followed by a long quote from The Observer) which indicated that real wages in the UK had fallen because of the decline in unionisation. Cue the eruption of Langston with a lot of anti-union prejudice and no facts or quotes of his own He is still calling me a "union yob " in his last posting.
        I will abide by this decision but I don't know what I'll do if another outburst of anti union rhetoric occurs. I thought ,because of the involvement of Dave Wetzel, that this site was broadly progressive in the old,  left of centre way that has a place for unions .
        This set-to was very relevant to LVT because Langston has been declaring, that post -LVT,  wages should go down.

        To: LandCafe@yahoogroups.com; roy_langston@...; dbcreed@...
        From: eric.britton@...
        Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:35:39 +0200
        Subject: RE: [LandCafe] Re: LETS Instantiate AGAIN New Fred Harrison Video

        David Reed, Roy Langston,

        If this conversation continues to degrade we will ask you both to leave this conference. This sort of thing is not why we are here.

        Faithfully

        EcoPlan International. Association loi de 1901

         Francis  Eric Knight Britton, Managing Director / Editor

         Sustainable Development  | The Equity Initiative |   World Streets  |  New Mobility Consult | World Streets Online

          9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility