Re: CLASS

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wetzel <davewetzel42@...> wrote:

      > See this new paper on LVT published by the new UK Trade Union Think-Tank - The Centre for Labour and Social Studies.
      >
      > http://classonline.org.uk/pubs/item/in-land-revenue

      Did everyone notice the poison pill?

      "It should be levied on all land except for that which lies under ordinary people's homes."

      The obvious result will be that people will try to collect as much land under their homes as possible while still nominally qualifying as "ordinary." Surely anyone with any economic understanding can see this.

      I've explained many times why it is an error to grant LVT exemptions to properties rather than people, and why it is people who must have exemptions because it is people who have the rights that landowning abrogates. Why hasn't anyone informed the CLSS of these facts so they wouldn't make such mistakes?