Fwd: Land history tour of London

  • Dave Wetzel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013

      Please forward to all your UK contacts:

      I am trying to arrange a private hire bus trip around Central London to see places of interest that have a story to tell re the history of land ownership/exploitation etc.

      Places already identified include: City Airport in Docklands purchased for £80m and after the new DLR link sold for £800m
      Battersea Power Station that has stood empty for over 30 years
      The Shard (London's/Europe's? tallest office block just opened with most flats purchased by overseas speculators and kept empty
      Smithfield where the Peasants Revolt Leader was killed by The Mayor of London (Walworth).
      London Bridge and the story of The Bridge House Trust Fund funded from rents.

      Do you have any other ideas or suggestions please?

         Dave Wetzel