Less insulting language please!

  • Dave Wetzel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      I'm sorry but as an occasional scrutineer on this site (which I originally founded as my own blog and Eric kindly added it to his Paris Commons when I suggested it should be a multi-way conversation and not just 5 email lectures a day from me)  -  I feel I must interfere and tell you that I find personal insults distracting and demeaning to the Land Café.

      The comments I'm referring to should be used in private email conversations NOT in the public Land Café.

      The an example of the comments I refer to are:

      "being called not a proper Land Taxer."  Let's stick to policy discussions and announcements re LVT - not insults of any kind.
      "called me a liar"
      "So blackguard and fool you remain."
      "your usual ludicrous and dishonest garbage."
      "we bicker amongst ourselves on a you started it/ no you started it level" Having just come out of hospital and now locked in doors for 3 weeks while I convalesce I feel that life is too short for bickering!    and certainly it is wrong to reduce the Land Café to a few people bickering among themselves - let's debate issues without the bickering please!!

      "I used to think his insults of me showed an unwarranted sense of his own superiority"  Let's debate without insults!
      "too many people are too up themselves"
      "called me a liar for saying it"
      "So blackguard and fool you remain"
      "Your constant fabrications about what I have "admitted," "conceded," "dropped," etc. are tiresome and infantile" Let's not fabricate the statements of others but use direct quotes if necessary.

      I know that all this rubbish has persuaded a number of people not to participate in what they perceive as a personal quarrel. Some have even left the Land Café.

      When writing on the Land Café please write as though your message is intended to attract the non-LVTer (who maybe has discovered us because of an interest in land reform) -  to the idea of collecting economic rent for public purposes and to reduce existing taxes on production.

      Best Wishes,

         Dave Wetzel