An easy way for you to help Land Value Taxation in New Jersey

  • Joshua Vincent
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2006
      Dear LVT advocates:

      New Jersey is in the midst of a furious debate about property taxes.  Land value tax is part of the mix, but we need to get a seat with the legislature that is having an autumn session based solely on property tax.

      I've been told that the citizens' input page is being taken seriously, so I ask everyone to jot down their thoughts on why LVT is a reform that beats all the rest.

      Thanks to the Regional Plan Association (www.rpa.org), LVT has vaulted out of the pack, despite the opposition of such strange bedfellows as corporate developers like Hartz to the NJ Sierra Club(!).

      Take stab at it, and forward to your friends and colleagues.

      Thank you.
      Joshua Vincent
      Executive Director
      Henry George Foundation USA/Center for the Study of Economics
      1518 Walnut Street, Suite 604
      Philadelphia, PA 19102
      215.545.6004
      www.urbantools.net