Re: From Today's Boston Globe

    Message 1 of 199 , Mar 1, 2013

      > Would you still think "natural rights" were being abrogated if there were private ownership, but only in conjunction with LVT, UIE, and RPE?

      Yes. The point of the UIE is to compensate the abrogation inherent in exclusive tenure. The RPE is just a transition measure.

      > If so, what sort of land tenure system do you not think would be violative of these natural rights?

      Once there are significant fixed improvements, there is no way to secure both liberty rights and property rights. But their unavoidable violation through exclusive tenure can be compensated by LVT+UIE.

      Message 199 of 199 , Mar 5, 2013

        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston" <roy_langston@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > So you are saying that the existence of the Flat Earth Society DOES make the spheroidal shape of the earth disputable?
        > >
        > > My degree of confidence is roughly the same as that in my above judgment regarding your personality. Put it this way: is it possible I'm wrong about either the shape of the earth or your arrogance? Sure, I could be wrong about pretty much every proposition that seems obvious to me--that is the nature of human fallibility. But it's really, really doubtful in both cases.
        >
        > So you claim the earth's spheroidal shape is not only disputable, but about as disputable as your opinion of my personality?

        Right. Both almost surely true.

        > "A sick man dreams nothing so dreadful that some philosopher isn't saying it." -- Marcus Terentius Varro
        >
        > -- Roy Langston

        And the truths find there way in there too!