RE: [LandCafe] Legitimate LVT criticism

  • Scott Bergeson
    Message 1 of 199 , Feb 28, 2013
      Quoting Harry Pollard on Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:04:13 -0800:

      ___RL___
      But full information is required describing
      each parcel, including who holds it.”

      ___Harry___
      The size and shape and location of the parcel and the owner is
      indeed all that’s necessary. That our modern governments want
      to know lots of things about us is beside the point. Just
      size, shape, and owner is all that’s needed for land valuation.
      -----

      Need physical encumbrances (or an active auction market), too.
      A Superfund site can't and won't rent for the same as neighbors
      until fully remediated. Same for swamps, etc.
      Message 199 of 199 , Mar 5, 2013

        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston" <roy_langston@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > So you are saying that the existence of the Flat Earth Society DOES make the spheroidal shape of the earth disputable?
        > >
        > > My degree of confidence is roughly the same as that in my above judgment regarding your personality. Put it this way: is it possible I'm wrong about either the shape of the earth or your arrogance? Sure, I could be wrong about pretty much every proposition that seems obvious to me--that is the nature of human fallibility. But it's really, really doubtful in both cases.
        >
        > So you claim the earth's spheroidal shape is not only disputable, but about as disputable as your opinion of my personality?

        Right. Both almost surely true.

        > "A sick man dreams nothing so dreadful that some philosopher isn't saying it." -- Marcus Terentius Varro
        >
        > -- Roy Langston

        And the truths find there way in there too!