Re: Legitimate LVT criticism

    Message 1 of 199 , Feb 27, 2013
      I provided the Gilligan simulation. It showed (you will have forgotten) how everybody but the new parents may be harmed just by somebody having a kid. It was an extreme and somewhat whacky example certainly, but it did what was intended, showed that under certain cirmcumstances long-term residents might have to move, or even become homeless just because others might like to have a lot of kids.

      Now, what arguments have you or Roy brought?

      Message 199 of 199 , Mar 5, 2013

        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston" <roy_langston@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > So you are saying that the existence of the Flat Earth Society DOES make the spheroidal shape of the earth disputable?
        > >
        > > My degree of confidence is roughly the same as that in my above judgment regarding your personality. Put it this way: is it possible I'm wrong about either the shape of the earth or your arrogance? Sure, I could be wrong about pretty much every proposition that seems obvious to me--that is the nature of human fallibility. But it's really, really doubtful in both cases.
        >
        > So you claim the earth's spheroidal shape is not only disputable, but about as disputable as your opinion of my personality?

        Right. Both almost surely true.

        > "A sick man dreams nothing so dreadful that some philosopher isn't saying it." -- Marcus Terentius Varro
        >
        > -- Roy Langston

        And the truths find there way in there too!