Re: Legitimate LVT criticism

    Message 1 of 199 , Feb 26, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "David Spain" <dspain@...> wrote:

      > What is "good land"? Please define.

      Land that affords access to advantageous economic opportunity.

      > What does "sustain self" mean - growing own food, digging own opals, running a corner store?

      Just earning a living by accessing the available economic opportunities. In theory it could be subsistence farming, but in practice it will almost always take the form of employment for wages.

      > Is it restricted to agricultural or residential land?

      No.

      > An entrepreneurial type might avoid both and just want commercial land eg a shop?

      Yes, but as I've explained, it will be counted for UIE calculation purposes if he either holds it as an individual or lives there.

      Message 199 of 199 , Mar 5, 2013

        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston" <roy_langston@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > So you are saying that the existence of the Flat Earth Society DOES make the spheroidal shape of the earth disputable?
        > >
        > > My degree of confidence is roughly the same as that in my above judgment regarding your personality. Put it this way: is it possible I'm wrong about either the shape of the earth or your arrogance? Sure, I could be wrong about pretty much every proposition that seems obvious to me--that is the nature of human fallibility. But it's really, really doubtful in both cases.
        >
        > So you claim the earth's spheroidal shape is not only disputable, but about as disputable as your opinion of my personality?

        Right. Both almost surely true.

        > "A sick man dreams nothing so dreadful that some philosopher isn't saying it." -- Marcus Terentius Varro
        >
        > -- Roy Langston

        And the truths find there way in there too!