Re: Legitimate LVT criticism

    Message 1 of 199 , Feb 25 8:02 PM
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "David Spain" <dspain@...> wrote:

      > I think the point is that a very extensive & expensive & uncertain
      > bureaucratic process seems to be required to underpin & calculate & deliver such a UIE.

      Compared to what? Most taxes and government programs are orders of magnitude more extensive, expensive, uncertain and bureaucratic -- and complicated -- than the proposed UIE calculation. I've described it in a couple of paragraphs, for pity's sake.

      Message 199 of 199 , Mar 5, 2013

        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston" <roy_langston@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > So you are saying that the existence of the Flat Earth Society DOES make the spheroidal shape of the earth disputable?
        > >
        > > My degree of confidence is roughly the same as that in my above judgment regarding your personality. Put it this way: is it possible I'm wrong about either the shape of the earth or your arrogance? Sure, I could be wrong about pretty much every proposition that seems obvious to me--that is the nature of human fallibility. But it's really, really doubtful in both cases.
        >
        > So you claim the earth's spheroidal shape is not only disputable, but about as disputable as your opinion of my personality?

        Right. Both almost surely true.

        > "A sick man dreams nothing so dreadful that some philosopher isn't saying it." -- Marcus Terentius Varro
        >
        > -- Roy Langston

        And the truths find there way in there too!