Institute for Economic Affairs

  • Jock Coats
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      I just thought this worth reporting.

      I had dinner last night with the education director of the Institute for Economic Affairs who was up in Oxford to give a talk to the Oxford Hayek Society. We were talking about competitiveness and how to get growth going again and business incentivised and the costs of life down and he spontaneously enthused that the single most important change government could make would be to shift to land value tax.

      Of course these are the people who published Fred's Wheels of Fortune, but I distinctly remember at the time them going out of their way to say it didn't reflect the opinions of the IEA as a whole. I suspect that if someone has a manuscript or decent sized article ready they might at least be open to publishing again on the benefits of LVT.

      Or how else might we use this information? They could be influential opinion formers to the "right" of the political spectrum.

      Jock
      --
      Jock Coats
      Warden's Flat 1e, J Block Morrell Hall, OXFORD, OX3 0FF