Re: Four Horsemen

  • k_r_johansen
    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 30, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" wrote:

      > > ....In fact, your first posts on the matter (the ones that KJ, Roy, and I have disputed)....
      >
      > Where I typed 'KJ,' I should have typed 'Fred, Matt,'.

      I was just about to comment on that, thanks. It happens once in a while I comment on things I don't know that much about (actually, a lot), but it's rare I don't know about commenting.. ;)

      Kj
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.