RE: [LandCafe] Re: Four Horsemen

  • harrypollard
    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 16, 2013

      Delightful!

      Harry

      ***********************

      The Alumni Group

      Henry George School

      Of Los Angeles

      Tujunga  CA  91042

      (818) 352-4141

      ***********************

      From: LandCafe@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LandCafe@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Matter
      Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 2:56 PM
      To: LandCafe@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [LandCafe] Re: Four Horsemen

      "I want a strong currency. And lots of it." -FDR

      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.