Re: Four Horsemen

    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 14, 2013
      Michael Hudson rightly points out that Germany's economic miracle was based on the fact that all debts were wiped out. What we should have done instead of pouring money into banks, who continued to do the same, was to wipe out debts as Hudson clearly stated in the film.

      Michael Hudson:
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.