Re: Four Horsemen

    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 14, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, Bob Matter wrote:

      > "I want a strong currency. And lots of it." -FDR

      If that means getting private banks not printing money then that is the way to go. FDR took on Wall St and beat them all.
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.