Re: Four Horsemen

    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 14, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "mattbieker" wrote:

      > I basically agree with you, however when I saw this, my hope was that they meant an international gold standard, which is a ton less kooky.
      >

      > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, John David Kromkowski wrote:
      > >
      > > For whatever the merits or demerits of the gold bug. Once you hook, LVT
      > > with the gold standard I think you've falling outside the mainstream. (Of
      > > course, it is entirely possibility that gold standard promoters may think
      > > the same thing about hooking the gold standard proposals with LVT.) I just
      > > don't see the productive synergy. It just makes me think, kooks unite.
      > >

      > > On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM, John wrote:
      > >
      > > > **

      > > > Four Horsemen. The conclusion of the film is introduce LVT and go back to
      > > > the Gold Standard. It is available on DVD for those interested - it has
      > > > not been shown on UK TV, although it has in many other countries. I am not
      > > > connected to the film or Ahscroft.

      > > > audiences were 35 years of age and under. Encouraging.

      > > > Here is the film:
      > > > Four Horsemen Film

      Ross Ashcroft says:

      "We do not suggest going back to the gold standard - we say that a stable money supply is the cornerstone to a well functioning economy, society and ultimately democracy. This is clearly stated in the book Four Horsemen: The Survival Manual. A money supply in the hands of private banks who are incentivised to expand it for profit is - as we see today - disastrous. Ask any saver."
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.