Re: [LandCafe] Re: Four Horsemen

  • John David Kromkowski
    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 14, 2013
      For whatever the merits or demerits of the gold bug.  Once you hook, LVT with the gold standard I think you've falling outside the mainstream. (Of course, it is entirely possibility that gold standard promoters may think the same thing about hooking the gold standard proposals with LVT.)  I just don't see the productive synergy.  It just makes me think, kooks unite.

      On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM, John <burns-john@...> wrote:

      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John"  wrote:

      > Ross Ashcroft on the Keizer Report (from 12 mins in), about the film The Four Horsemen. The conclusion of the film is introduce LVT and go back to the Gold Standard.  It is available on DVD for those interested - it has not been shown on UK TV, although it has in many other countries. I am not connected to the film or Ahscroft.
      > Ross said when he went around the world promoting the film, 70% of the audiences were 35 years of age and under.  Encouraging.
      > Here is a 50 minute talk by Ross. He does go on about rent seekers.

      Here is the film:

      --
      Very truly yours

      John D. Kromkowski
      6803 York Road -- Suite 207
      Baltimore, MD 21212

      Tel     410-377-6248
      Fax     410-372-0624
      Mobile  443-271-0500

      This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited.

      If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving  in any manner.
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.