Re: Unions

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2012

      > A well made point, Matt.
      >
      > The example given was Atlas MD - a pair of
      > doctors who had only a nurse employed (an
      > office manager to handle insurance payments at
      > $87,000 a year is unnecessary). The doctors
      > actually wipe off the counters themselves.

      Harry, in the UK NHS costs went up when Thatcher insisted all be costed, hence a large team of administrators was created at NHS expense. This was a move to privatize it. The fool never got her way as we know. Technology, in computer databases, etc, cut admin costs. But the legacy of this admin layer is still there. As an aside, if patents only lasted 5 years 1/5th of the NHS bill would be slashed in reduced drug costs.

      This Michael Moore video on the NHS displays that doctors do not get involved in day to day finance.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZmvaFfjtk