Re: [LandCafe] Re: the real rate of inflation in the United States

  • David Brooks
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24 8:51 AM
      That the government lies  is a given. Getting people to actually believe that they are being lied to is another matter. And then there is the extent of those lies. The result is the society we have. A violent society. Violent enough to make the excesses of the past seem quite tame.  We produce "educated" people from universities who mouth only the platitudes of the landowners, for they pay for the universities and schools and colleges (another lie).
      All men need air, water and land. We have made, by force of arms, two of these private property.

      The great challenge is to communicate with the people and lead to an understanding of nature and its laws. We appear to have a long way to go - but have we? It is only the people who can change things, whether its land ownership or patents or copyright or freedom. If the people do not believe then nothing will happen. Or so it would seem. Look around us. Look what is happening because the people do not believe. Nature is merely exercising her laws...

      David Brooks
      Freedom, the only end
      On 25-Dec-12 2:57 AM, Scott on the Spot wrote:

      Yeah, those of us in the alternative economics movement have used John Williams' Shadowstats for some time.
      The gov't figures, as you say are completely bogus.
      I've now lived at my present address for over 10 years.  During that time, virtually everything I bought then, and buy now, has doubled, or more, in price.  Food, haircuts, gas (more than 2X), healthcare, education (classes), etc.
      And the "chained index" for seniors is just the latest example of this manipulation - where SS will pay the same amt, whether seniors eat steak, or, as Dennis Kucinich acerbically noted, "cat food."