Three cheers for the Aussies?

  • Dan Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      This article migrated from annoying to inspiring. It was so bad it was
      instructive.

      > THREE CHEERS FOR AUSTRALIA

      > I wish the leaders of our country would take a stand like
      > Australia.....

      > Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on
      > Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals
      > in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

      > A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to
      > Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and
      > his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

      Note that the following "suggestions" are made under threat of a crackdown, and
      that the "suggestions" are based on what people believe, not on what they have
      done.

      > Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that
      > some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did
      > not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made
      > by parliament.

      > "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia
      > law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on
      > national television.

      Hmmm. I wonder what he says to aborigines who want to live under aboriginal
      law? I guess that has already been said.

      > "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws
      > governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the
      > Islamic law, that is false.

      Really? Is it also false that Christian Australians are governed by both
      Australian law *and* the Ten Commandments? This will be BIG news to
      Christians!

      > If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts,
      > democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go
      > to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better
      > option," Costello said.

      Perhaps it is, but why is it the government's business to tell people what options
      are better for them?

      > Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he
      > said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to
      > the other country.

      "Asked?" This is a "crackdown," right? Off to dictionary.com:

      crack·down (krkdoun)

      n. An act or example of forceful regulation, repression, or restraint: a crackdown
      on crime.

      n : severely repressive actions

      > Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims
      > who did not want to accept local values should "clear off".

      No doubt that's what the aboringines told the English. Good thing the English
      did not speak aborigine.

      > "Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't
      > want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they
      > can basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some
      > Australian Muslims on! Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies
      > monitoring the nation's mosques.

      > AMERICA and Canada..... ARE YOU LISTENING?

      Are the Iraqis also listening? Are they not saying, "Basically, people who don't
      want to be Iraqis, and they don't want to live by Iraqi values and understand
      them, well then they can basically clear off"? Isn't that the real message behind
      every act of Anti-American violence in Iraq? And aren't there also Australian
      soldiers in Iraq? Could there be a connection between Australian violence
      against Iraqis and Iraqi violence against Australians?

      > Quote: IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !
      > I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some
      > individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we
      > have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

      Patriotism = Jingoism.

      > However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the
      > "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility
      > that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against
      > immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a
      > better life by coming to Australia.

      As long as the "better" life is better by his own standards and not just by the
      standards of the people coming to Australia.

      > However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to
      > our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

      Those who say that there is something others need to understand suppose that
      there is nothing they themselves need to understand.

      > This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only
      > to dilute ! our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians,
      > we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own
      > lifestyle.

      I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
      And all it takes is for everybody else just to sing along with me....

      Like America, Australia's identity IS multicultural, and always has been. And,
      of course, there are always those who complain about the strange ways of
      others. In America, the first purge was to force the German-speaking majority to
      adapt to the ruling, English speaking minority. We refer to those who refused to
      submit as "Amish," or "Pennsylvania Dutch," and wonder why they cling to the
      quaint old ways that keep them independent of our enlightened civilization.

      Then there were the disgusting ways of the Irish (who need not apply), the
      "sinister" Chinese, the "papist" Italians, the "swarthy" eastern Europeans, the
      "greasy" hispanics, and the "lazy" blacks. If they didn't want to work and fit in,
      why did those black people come here in the first place?

      Oh, yeah.

      > This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
      > and victories

      And exterminations. Let's not forget the exterminations!

      > by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

      ...and the power to deny freedoms to those who came later.

      > We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish,

      In the United States, this is most often chanted by those who live in places with
      Spanish names. I wonder why that is? "You people who don't want to fit in can

      > Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
      > Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, then learn the
      > language!

      And the secret hand-shake, and, most of all, the real estate laws.

      > Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right
      > wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on
      > Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
      > documented.

      Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
      Killing heathen natives; That's what we're here for.
      We give them our Bible. They give us their land.
      Or we give them poisoned pudding. Either way it's grand.

      Now we face extremists, strangely they are made.
      Gihad is the problem; The answer is Crusade.
      They explode their autos; we drop bombs from planes.
      Why do they harass our people? Clearly they're insane.

      Why do people hate us; why are they so sore?
      How long before they won't hate us any more?
      We fill prisons up with them, bomb and shoot them too,
      Still they do not love us, what more can we do?

      > It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
      > If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the
      > world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

      Someone should tell this guy that Muslims worship the same God and have the
      same Ten Commandments, and also ask him what he meant by "this is not a
      theocratic state."

      > We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is
      > that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with
      > us.

      As our tenants. (In the lands taken from Mexico, most "gringos" own and most
      hispanics rent.)

      > If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then
      > you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

      One that we are not bombing at the moment.

      And a word to those living in Iraq:

      > We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we
      > really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means
      > keep your culture but do not force it on others.

      > This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow
      > you every opportunity to enjoy all this, but once you are done
      > complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our
      > Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take
      > advantage of one other great Australian freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

      Kick out the tired, the poor, the huddles masses yearning to breathe free.
      I lift my lamp to show you all the door, this land was just made for folks like
      me.

      > If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here.

      Sounds like this guy isn't happy either. I wonder why HE doesn't leave? Oh,
      yeah, because its his country; he stole it first.

      > You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

      Until the fascists take over (in both Australia ane the US), the country you asked
      to be in was known for its tolerance. Perhaps this author would be happier in
      Bavaria, but he would have to learn their language. (He has already mastered the
      customs and values.)

      > Pretty easy really, wh en you think about it. I figure if we all keep
      > passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or
      > later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

      By the complainers, he does not mean himself.

      > PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE, PERHAPS WE CAN CREATE A GROUND SWELL
      > AND SEND OUR U.S. POLITICIANS THE MESSAGE THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF US
      > BELIEVE AS THE AUSSIES DO.........

      Sig hiel.