Re: Yahoo Interface

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2012
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "walto" wrote:

      > Yahoo just changed it's group interface so that we can't depend on the " " symbols to tell who is being quoted.

      Idiots. The symbol has even been removed from where you put it in quotation marks.

      > I suggest that the posters here make the appropriate changes to their posting styles, or nobody will have any idea what is being said or who said it (except, of course, with respect to Roy and Harry on "rack-rents").

      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston" wrote:

      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Pollard" wrote:

      Roy said:

      "The return of land rent to the community doesn't really address the
      worker's problem of access to land. He still has to pay rent for access to
      economic opportunity, just to a different landlord; and absent a UIE, if he
      is not very productive the market will consign him to poor land where he can't survive."

      An effect of full collection of rent in cities will be to free the massive
      amount of unused and underused land. At the moment, for all practical purposes there is no free land.

      There is, just not in cities.

      Yeesh. The "greater than" signs were clearly there when I posted it.