Re: [LandCafe] Marx, Engel and Morris on George

  • John David Kromkowski
    Message 1 of 87 , Dec 18, 2012
      Please.  Leave the conspiracy theory alone. JDK

      On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Scott Bergeson <scottb@...> wrote:
       ___roy_langston___

      It was mainly Henry George's failure to understand the
      economic, moral, and political necessity of the UIE that
      defeated the Single Tax movement in the 19th century.

      ___JDK___
      Do you think maybe his death might have had just a little
      bit more to do with "the defeat of the Single Tax movement"?
      (Answer: of course!)
      -----

      The timing, at least, seems rather suspicious. Has
      there been any independent forensic examination?

      --
      Very truly yours

      John D. Kromkowski
      6803 York Road -- Suite 207
      Baltimore, MD 21212

      Tel     410-377-6248
      Fax     410-372-0624
      Mobile  443-271-0500

      This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited.

      If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving  in any manner.
      Message 87 of 87 , Dec 30, 2012
        It all depends on what you are writing and who will be the reader.

        Unfortunately, modern schooling isn't great at producing readers so material must be made simple for them. Which point doesn't throw out other writing which may be more complicated as it conveys more subtle directions..

        On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:55 AM, John <burns-john@...> wrote:

        > However, I suppose the short sentence is now
        > the thing, which may or may not be an improvement.

        Harry, tabloid newspapers use short sentences. People are familiar with that. So, you have to write to what they can easily understand. If they have to do double-takes they lose interest. It is that simple. Churchill realised that a long time ago. His books on WW2 and super easy to understand. The proof readers would highlight parts of the book(s) and he would override them. In the end they thanked him for teaching them how to write simple English.