Re: Four Horsemen

    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 3, 2012
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <burns-john@...> wrote:

      > Ross Ashcroft on the Keizer Report (from 12 mins in),
      > about the film The Four Horsemen. The conclusion
      > of the film is introduce LVT and go back to the
      > Gold Standard. It is available on DVD for those
      > interested - it has not been shown on UK TV,
      > although it has in many other countries. I am
      > not connected to the film or Ahscroft.
      > http://www.renegadeeconomist.com/blog/video/the-keiser-report.html
      >
      > Ross said when he went around the world
      > promoting the film, 70% of the audiences
      > were 35 years of age and under. Encouraging.
      >
      > Here is a 50 minute talk by Ross. He does go on about rent seekers.
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Ddi6WDSdM&feature=g-all

      Ross Ashcroft said:
      "Georgists are a rabid bunch who put off more people than they take on-board"
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.