Four Horsemen

    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 2, 2012
      Ross Ashcroft on the Keizer Report (from 12 mins in), about the film The Four Horsemen. The conclusion of the film is introduce LVT and go back to the Gold Standard. It is available on DVD for those interested - it has not been shown on UK TV, although it has in many other countries. I am not connected to the film or Ahscroft.
      http://www.renegadeeconomist.com/blog/video/the-keiser-report.html

      Ross said when he went around the world promoting the film, 70% of the audiences were 35 years of age and under. Encouraging.

      Here is a 50 minute talk by Ross. He does go on about rent seekers.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Ddi6WDSdM&feature=g-all
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "harrypollard" wrote:

        > So why not say they are changing systematically?

        "Inflation" is shorter and more descriptive.

        > How does calling rising prices inflation help to "understand how, when and why"?

        Having a label and definition for the concept helps people share information about it.

        > Whereas inflation in its original meaning indicates that the money issuer has done something.

        Maybe that's part of it: the apologists for bankster privilege want to conceal the fact that it is private commercial banks that are issuing the money, not government.