Re: The Revival of Retsforbundet

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 2, 2012

      > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <burns-john@> wrote:

      > > > "The EU imposes unsustainable policies
      > > > on us like the banksters' euro, which
      > > > Greece, Spain and the rest have proved
      > > > is not a sustainable money system because
      > > > it is based on feeding the banks' addiction
      > > > to lending for land speculation."
      > >
      > > I do not think the Euro, no more than the US
      > > dollar, has anything to do with that.
      >
      > The dollar and sterling are also debt money
      > based on lending for land speculation and
      > thus not sustainable. As we have seen.

      The money supply is based on debt. The more debt the more money is "printed".

      > > The Euro is just another currency.
      >
      > Not at all. It is a transnational debt
      > money that can't be managed using national
      > fiscal levers the way the dollar and
      > sterling can.

      I can be managed but not as effectively as the dollar or Stirling.

      > > We are in the EU and it worked well until the CC.
      >
      > I.e., NOT SUSTAINABLY.

      The EU is sustainable. That is argument could be placed at the United States over 100 years ago.

      > > Many are anti-EU because of the
      > > crisis and seeing that they are
      > > bailing out the PIIGS - some of
      > > the PIIGS were just plain fianacially
      > > irresponsible.
      >
      > They all were, because they all subsidized idle landowning.
      >
      > > Being anti-EU is not a positive
      > > measure. Most people view that it is
      > > here and it is not going away and
      > > getting out is financial suicide.
      >
      > Being anti-EU is a positive measure
      > because the EU requires member nations
      > to adopt unjust and harmful policies like VAT.

      That can always be changed and should be. A country can ignore it and see what happens.

      > > Promoting Genomics to Brussels
      > > maybe a good ploy - economic stability
      > > resulting in political stability, etc.
      >
      > That would more effectively be done by
      > a member government already successfully
      > thriving under geonomic policies,

      It could be. But the EU is into stability.
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012
        John,

        When a country is doing badly, its money loses value as others are not so keen to deal with it. This is one of the market reactions that are so useful to international trade.

        The Euro doesn't allow a separate country in Europe to enjoy (or suffer) this reaction. So, Greece's money keeps value even as the economy is going into the drink. That's a major problem with the Euro.

        I've just realised. I don't know who in Europe produces and distributes the Euro.

        Where do Euros come from?

        On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:34 AM, John <burns-john@...> wrote:

        > > - an anti-EU and pro-globalism stance
        > > (a sustainable global community)
        >
        > "The EU imposes unsustainable policies
        > on us like the banksters' euro, which
        > Greece, Spain and the rest have proved
        > is not a sustainable money system because
        > it is based on feeding the banks' addiction
        > to lending for land speculation."

        I do not think the Euro, no more than the US dollar, has anything to do with that.

        The problem with the Euro is that it may be overvalued for some countries and undervalued for others. That could apply to the US dollar. The southern states are getting into biomass fuel, using
        sustainably-sourced renewable biofuel wood pellets and exporting it to Europe. Tibury Power station near London is using the pellets and few other changing over from coal. Germany and Holland use the pellets. Devaluing the dollar may mean they do greater business, but it stays high because of commerce/industry elsewhere in the USA. The Euro is just another currency.

        We are in the EU and it worked well until the CC. Many are anti-EU because of the crisis and seeing that they are bailing out the PIIGS - some of the PIIGS were just plain fianacially irresponsible.

        In the UK we have the anti EU UKip party. IMO, they tend to get votes from older people who are bigots, racists or just confused. The UK is in the EU but not in he Euro zone. The pound is still used. Currently, maybe the best of both worlds. The EU brings political stability - maybe we now have generations that did not see the needless carnage of WW2 or feel the after effects of austerity. Being anti-EU is not a positive measure. Most people view that it is here and it is not going away and getting out is financial suicide.

        Promoting Genomics to Brussels maybe a good ploy - economic stability resulting in political stability, etc.

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012

          > John,
          >
          > When a country is doing badly, its money loses value as others are not so
          > keen to deal with it. This is one of the market reactions that are so
          > useful to international trade.
          >
          > The Euro doesn't allow a separate country in Europe to enjoy (or suffer)
          > this reaction. So, Greece's money keeps value even as the economy is going
          > into the drink. That's a major problem with the Euro.
          >
          > I've just realised. I don't know who in Europe produces and distributes the
          > Euro.

          Harry, the same can be said for inside a country. The UK government is obsessed with maintaining London as a world-class city and world financial centre. Currency value and interest rates are geared to what is beneficial to London, which may mean it acts against the much poorer North East of England.
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 9, 2012

            > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <burns-john@> wrote:

            > > > "The EU imposes unsustainable policies
            > > > on us like the banksters' euro, which
            > > > Greece, Spain and the rest have proved
            > > > is not a sustainable money system because
            > > > it is based on feeding the banks' addiction
            > > > to lending for land speculation."
            > >
            > > I do not think the Euro, no more than the US dollar, has anything to do with that.
            >
            > The dollar and sterling are also debt
            > money based on lending for land
            > speculation and thus not sustainable. As we have seen.
            >
            > > The Euro is just another currency.
            >
            > Not at all. It is a transnational
            > debt money that can't be managed using
            > national fiscal levers the way the dollar and sterling can.

            Roy here is a 60 min BBC doc, last April or May, on the collapse of the euro.

            The Great Euro Crash - 2012
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyNekAJ6rA8&feature=g-high-rec

            Using land as collateral was at the core which they seem to flit over. Greece told lies to get into the euro. The Brits wisely kept out. The idea behind the euro was fine. Not enough scrutiny of entry and control was around.

            A poor agricultural country needs to gets its economy right before joining the likes of Germany and France.