book review: The Road to Freedom by Arthur c. Brooks

  • Edward Dodson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012

      Greetings all –

      Arthur Brooks is trained as an economist. He is President of the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C. His book is a call for action to reign in the powers of government and what he calls “corporate cronyism.” I attended his recent talk in Philadelphia at the U.S. Constitution Center. I have written a review of his book and a critical examination of his basic propositions. If anyone would like to read the review let me know.

      I do think this book and Brooks deserves some attention and could benefit from at least several thorough reviews.

      Ed Dodson

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dodson" <ejdodson@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all -
        >

        > Arthur Brooks is trained as an economist. He is President of the American
        > Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C. His book is a call for action to
        > reign in the powers of government and what he calls "corporate cronyism." I
        > attended his recent talk in Philadelphia at the U.S. Constitution Center. I
        > have written a review of his book and a critical examination of his basic
        > propositions. If anyone would like to read the review let me know.
        >
        > I do think this book and Brooks deserves some attention and could benefit
        > from at least several thorough reviews.

        Ed, where do we see your review? I am always sceptical about reducing gvmts powers which may allow private corporations go wild. The relationship with gvmts and corporations and the financial sector is far too cost for sure.

        Look up John Perkins on Google and YouTube. He displays the powers of the corporations and far too close a relationship with gvmts.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2012
          I would like your review, Ed.

        • ejdodson@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 23, 2012
          Harry, you wrote:

          I would like your review, Ed.

          Ed here:
          Here you go, Harry. Hope you find it of interest.