The monumental folly of rent-seeking By John Kay

  • Dave Wetzel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2012
      I suggest you google the above to read an interesting article in today's Financial Times.
      Whilst offering no immediate policy solutions it starts at he Taj Mahal and criticises rent-seeking as an activity.
      Hopefully it will inspire letters to the editor suggesting the solution:  letters.editor@...

      Dave Wetzel

    • Scott Bergeson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
        Admonisheth Dave Wetzel on Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:39:33 +0000:

        ___Dave Wetzel___
        I suggest you google the above to read an
        interesting article in today's Financial Times.

        Whilst offering no immediate policy solutions, it starts at
        the Taj Mahal and criticises rent-seeking as an activity.

        Hopefully, it will inspire letters to the editor
        suggesting the solution: letters.editor@...
        -----

        "FT.com articles are only available to registered users and subscribers."

        Then what? That brings up the title and author,
        which we've already entered into the search bar. The
        purpose of this futile exercise was what, exactly?

        Have you suggestions to pass FT's login/subscribe barrier?
        Better than registering for FT's intrusive database?