A mild twitter success

  • mattbieker
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
      So, as you may know, Matt Yglesias has been championing the LVT cause of late. Earlier today, he did a reddit Q&A, but I don't have a reddit account, so I tweeted him:

      @mattyglesias I didn't get the chance to ask you on Reddit, but how has your flirtation with geoism gone with "serious people?"

      He actually replied:

      @mattinthecrown What's geoism?

      To me, that's awesome. He has more than 54K followers, and they all just got a chance to see the term "geoism." Presumably, some will do some googling. I replied:

      @mattyglesias Geoism is the philosophical/economic system focusing on the collection of land rents.

      So far, no response. But still, there's much to be gained, IMO, from utilizing social media. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, forums, comments to articles, etc. In the information age, we don't have to be confined by gatekeepers. I believe we should all do what we can to get our ideas out there; we have truth on our side, and it's a matter of getting the masses to see it.

      Attempted rebuttals of geoism have been generally disastrous, so let's force major media figures to take a stance one way or the other.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "mattbieker" <agrarian.justice@...> wrote:

        > So, as you may know, Matt Yglesias has been championing the LVT cause of late. Earlier today, he did a reddit Q&A, but I don't have a reddit account, so I tweeted him:
        >
        > @mattyglesias I didn't get the chance to ask you on Reddit, but how has your flirtation with geoism gone with "serious people?"
        >
        > He actually replied:
        >
        > @mattinthecrown What's geoism?

        What, is Googling stuff you don't know already passe?

        > To me, that's awesome. He has more than 54K followers, and they all just got a chance to see the term "geoism." Presumably, some will do some googling. I replied:
        >
        > @mattyglesias Geoism is the philosophical/economic system focusing on the collection of land rents.
        >
        > So far, no response. But still, there's much to be gained, IMO, from utilizing social media.

        Yes, well done! Unfortunately, I don't know how to say anything meaningful in 140 characters....

        > Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, forums, comments to articles, etc. In the information age, we don't have to be confined by gatekeepers. I believe we should all do what we can to get our ideas out there; we have truth on our side, and it's a matter of getting the masses to see it.

        Right. Unfortunately, many of those who hold the pursestrings of the endowed geoist organizations are some decades behind the technocurve.

        -- Roy Langston
      • walterhorn
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
          Hey, that's great, Matt!