Re: Detroit Land Grab

  • JDKromkowski
    Message 1 of 395 , Sep 1, 2012
      If I'm your lawyer for a particular contract negotiation that means the other side deals with me they don't/can't try to go to you directly and take advantage of you. All, really, that union cert does is appoint the union as the negotiator for a class of workers. Until a contract is negotiated an employer can hire scabs, that is how unions are broken.

      I don't suppose you know the words to some good songs: "Which side are you on" or "solidarity forever"

      Jdk
      Message 395 of 395 , Sep 12, 2012

        > The main point of resorting to natural law pronoucements of the kind you have bellowed is that they are supposed to help us determine what the various human-made laws SHOULD say. That is, if we have a question about know how some law should be constructed with respect to, e.g., who should receive various benefits and for how long or which protections of person or property must be enforced, or whatever, natural law claims are sometimes made--just as you have confidently made them in this context. It is, thus plainly circular to respond, when asked to specify the characteristics of some claimed natural law, "You'll have to consult the local legislature and courts--they'll tell us."

        Which might be why I haven't done so. Citizenship self-evidently isn't a question of natural law, and I've explained why residence defined as six months + reflects the relevant natural law principles.