Re: Detroit Land Grab

  • JDKromkowski
    Message 1 of 395 , Sep 1, 2012
      But more land value is being taxed in us via local property tax. I think. Notwithstanding that there are only two dozen serious/thoughtful/ respectable land taxers in north America.

      The potential for localities to reform property tax into lvt seems so greater just in terms of the odds there are more chances.

      Jdk
      Message 395 of 395 , Sep 12, 2012

        > The main point of resorting to natural law pronoucements of the kind you have bellowed is that they are supposed to help us determine what the various human-made laws SHOULD say. That is, if we have a question about know how some law should be constructed with respect to, e.g., who should receive various benefits and for how long or which protections of person or property must be enforced, or whatever, natural law claims are sometimes made--just as you have confidently made them in this context. It is, thus plainly circular to respond, when asked to specify the characteristics of some claimed natural law, "You'll have to consult the local legislature and courts--they'll tell us."

        Which might be why I haven't done so. Citizenship self-evidently isn't a question of natural law, and I've explained why residence defined as six months + reflects the relevant natural law principles.