RE: [LandCafe] Re: Detroit Land Grab

  • JDKromkowski
    Message 1 of 395 , Sep 1, 2012
      If you don't want to discuss land values in the USA, the let's discuss uk land values. Where's the data?

      If uk Land taxers really were serious they create a database of every single parcel with a land value. Get a reputable assessor team and just do it. And then you'll be able to show what an lvt with or without a personal ( or household/family) exemption would actually look like.

      Let's see the lv maps and let's have a method for a uk family to look up their address and figure out whether they should be for or against an lvt in place of some other tax.

      ND 20 - navy 0 (3 min remaining in 1st half) is it ok to post American football score if game is being played in europe?

      ND 27 fumble recovery for 80 yard td

      Jdk
      Message 395 of 395 , Sep 12, 2012

        > The main point of resorting to natural law pronoucements of the kind you have bellowed is that they are supposed to help us determine what the various human-made laws SHOULD say. That is, if we have a question about know how some law should be constructed with respect to, e.g., who should receive various benefits and for how long or which protections of person or property must be enforced, or whatever, natural law claims are sometimes made--just as you have confidently made them in this context. It is, thus plainly circular to respond, when asked to specify the characteristics of some claimed natural law, "You'll have to consult the local legislature and courts--they'll tell us."

        Which might be why I haven't done so. Citizenship self-evidently isn't a question of natural law, and I've explained why residence defined as six months + reflects the relevant natural law principles.