RE: [LandCafe] Re: Detroit Land Grab

  • JDKromkowski
    Message 1 of 395 , Sep 1, 2012
      My football game is getting ready to start, but it's not a double credit. it's per person and I hope that it means in my house my child who is also a person would get his fair shair. The land is a gift to every one.

      But this is a theory question, the practical legal and political details are the true obstacles.

      Go ND!
      Message 395 of 395 , Sep 12, 2012

        > The main point of resorting to natural law pronoucements of the kind you have bellowed is that they are supposed to help us determine what the various human-made laws SHOULD say. That is, if we have a question about know how some law should be constructed with respect to, e.g., who should receive various benefits and for how long or which protections of person or property must be enforced, or whatever, natural law claims are sometimes made--just as you have confidently made them in this context. It is, thus plainly circular to respond, when asked to specify the characteristics of some claimed natural law, "You'll have to consult the local legislature and courts--they'll tell us."

        Which might be why I haven't done so. Citizenship self-evidently isn't a question of natural law, and I've explained why residence defined as six months + reflects the relevant natural law principles.