Re: not Detroit Land Grab

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2012

      > Classic Walto,more like.You miss out all the stuff about philosophy (your self-proclaimed forte)in the message
      > and home in on the possiblility for ad hominem jibes.You have never given the denizens of land cafe the benefits of your considerable education in philosophy (accepting you at your own estimation), preferring to affect that its all beneath you, bar a bit of name dropping: no quotes, no close argument,zilch.You belittle those brave souls such as myself who raise philosophical issues save when the Guru from Vancouver is fulsomely congratulated for agreeing with Wittgenstein when he was,in fact, trying to prove Wittgenstein wrong ( and insult him to boot).PS I notice in your latest servile offering that you spring to defend the G from V ,even when the criticism is addressed to him, or should that be Him ?, and do so with your usual broad brush personal animosity unattached to any specific issues. To: LandCafe@yahoogroups.com
      > From: calhorn@...
      > Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:09:55 +0000
      > Subject: [LandCafe] Re: not Detroit Land Grab

      > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, David Reed <dbcreed@> wrote:
      >

      > > .Your sentence "He (Wittgenstein) would agree with you that language is a social phenomenon" is a servile classic.Roy is actually agreeing with Wittgenstein.
      >

      > And that is classic Reed. I think we should have a nice fight here about who is agreeing with whom. Maybe take up 56 posts on it. You start.

      Excellent start, David! Only 54 posts to go on who was really agreeing with whom when Witt and Roy were both saying pretty much the same thing. There's no question of the importance of that, and not only to the future of LVT--to scholarship generally.

      And the stuff on how I'm simultaneously condescending and servile, while arguably a smidge off topic is intrinsically fascinating, so I think you should try to make sure that stays in there as well.

      In general, awesome stuff (even if it DID lack any mention of frisbees). Proceed!