Re: [LandCafe] Re: Attention Geoists: LVT Poll

    Message 1 of 77 , Jul 14, 2012
      I put in 'special charges' as for war.

      We expect to go to war with Canada. The cost will be a levy on each family of $15,000 a year for as long as the war lasts, but it could be more.

      Please assent to the levy by the end of the month so we can take over the tar sands quickly.

      Wonder what would happen to the enthusiasm for war?

      On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM, David Brooks <davidsb1@...> wrote:

      When you ask about "other" taxes surely there should be a space for NO!

      On 14/07/2012 6:19 AM, Edward Miller wrote:

      If more people take the survey, the responses can change, but as of now the responses can be found here:

      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.441333365899690&type=1

      Message 77 of 77 , Aug 6, 2012

        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <burns-john@...> wrote:

        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "jdk_maryland_atty" <jdkromkowski@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Can we just be blunt and truthful about this?
        > >
        > > What we are talking about is a "tax" on land value.
        >
        > It is also how it is branded. In over 100 years branding it as a tax has not worked.

        Stop the madness.  Do you really want to be considered a crackpot or a disinformer.

        Every single state in the US, HAS an LV Tax as part of the property tax.   Even the council tax is a form of LVT, even though it's ridiculous in its implementation.

        JDK