another aspect of "The Corruption of Economics"

  • Bill Batt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2012
      Folks, I've been reading Joe Stignlitz's latest book, The Price of Inequality. In one section early on he talks about how the economics profession has adopted rationales for inequality, and cites one particular study showing the influence of the "Law and Economics" movement especially strong at the University of Chicago -- yes, the "Chicago Boys" have penetrated the law school too!  I have found the study online and think it's worth our taking a look at, particularly from page 23 on.  The study can be downloaded at http://www.afj.org/assets/resources/resources2/Justice-for-Sale.pdf.  It's one that we should all know about.

      Before I discovered it freely available online, I asked for it though interlibrary loan here.  You'll smile in my telling you that when I got it, it was from the UNiversity of Chicago D'Angelo Law Library.  :)) laughing  B.

      Bill Batt
      680 N. Pearl St., Albany, New York 12204-1729
      v: 518-462-5068; fax: 866-492-9804  hwbatt@...
      most of my recent work at centralresearchgroup.org
      *The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one*
      Archilochus (c.650 B.C.