HGI's new courses: Getting the Word Out

  • Lindy Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2006
      Good day, Georgist colleagues

      As you probably know, for many years the Henry George Institute has offered
      a 3-course series in *Principles of Political Economy*. Since 1996, the
      first in that series, *Understanding Economics*, has been attracting
      students via the World Wide Web. Then, early last year, we unveiled the
      third course in the series, *Economic Science* ( www.politicaleconomy.org )
      in conjunction with the publication of the new abridged edition of Henry
      Georges *Science of Political Economy*.

      Now we are happy to annouce the completion of the series, with the
      introduction of course #2 -- *Applied Economics: Globalization and Trade*
      at www.truefreetrade.org .

      Because of the topicality of its theme, we've decided to allow new students
      to enroll in this course (those who haven't completed *Understanding
      Economics* will be required to complete an additional, introductory
      lesson). We think this will add significantly to HGI's visibility, and
      bring in many new students.

      However -- there is LOADS of material out there on the issues of
      globalization and trade! How will he get OUR high-quality stuff in front of
      potential students?

      That's where you come in. We need a team of web-surfers, who will go out
      there to blogs, discussion boards and email lists, and talk up what the HGI
      has to offer. We need to find related websites and ask for reciprocal
      links. We need to offer a polite "cyber-tap on the shoulder" to everyone
      out there who might be interested. In short, we need all of you to talk up
      these educational opportunities -- to everyone who might be interested
      (online and off)!

      If you have any time and energy that you would be willing to give to this
      project, please write back, and I'll provide some details on how to get
      started.

      Thanks!

      -----> Lindy Davies
      Program Director, HGI