Re: Nottingham's car park(land) tax.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Scott on the Spot" <ssbaker305@...> wrote:

      > Great idea!  And we should have congestion pricing
      > for the same reason - a moving Land Value Tax,
      > imposed when market conditions make road land
      > more valuable, finely tuned to the hour.

      As you know Scott, London has Congestion and emissions charges.

      The £300 is per ann. per space over 10 spaces. So have 30 parking spaces and £6,000 is due per ann. But not necessarily by the landowner I believe.  But!!!  They make it clear the revenue is towards the expansion of the successful new and popular street tram system, so gains public acceptance.   BTW, trams are fine for small cities but rather limited for large cities.