Update on Connecticut LVT enabling bill

  • Joshua Vincent
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      The LVT-enabling Bill (5038) is now out on both floors of the Connecticut Legislature.  The fiscal notes and bill analysis are benign and correct, thanks to the Connecticut Legislative Services having a particularly competent and energetic staff led by John Rappa investigating LVT.

      As usual, the Connecticut Business and Industrial Association is leading the charge against the bill (see the Joint Report), using the surprising tactic of sarcasm. I guess it beats using facts.  I wonder how that will go down with a legislature and city officials trying to save Connecticut's stressed cities?

      Also opposed are the CT Planners and (it SEEMS) the Realtors, who might not understand that a successful LVT makes markets work better and faster, leading to more work for Realtors.  Anyone know who I can contact up there?

      The CT Municipalities supports the split-rate provision of the bill but opposes the anti-eminent domain section.  As before, the CT Builders support LVT.

      If you do NOT want these periodic updates, please reply to that effect.

      Joshua Vincent, Director
      Center for the Study of Economics
      1518 Walnut Street, Suite 604
      Philadelphia, Pa 19102 USA