Support in Glasgow

  • Tony Vickers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2006
      The ALTER website has just acquired a new member: Grant McFarlane from Glasgow. He is happy for me to pass his contact details to other "LVT supporters" (he didn't use the word Georgist, nor did I), because he is keen to set up a group of like-minded people to study it in his part of Scotland. I've never met him but he says he's "been interested in environmental issues" for 20 years and came across LVT in the context of energy taxation.

      He drew my attention to a website Resource Use Institute www.rui.co.uk which I haven't yet visited. He wondered if any other LVT supporters (HGF?) have been in contact with them and I said I'd find out.

      Grant is on 0141 632 4800
      Please let me know if a group develops in Glasgow.

      Cllr Tony Vickers
      Chair, Lib Dems ALTER
      (Action on Land-value Taxation & Economic Reform)
      www.libdemsalter.org.uk
      01635 230046 / 0795 0202640