Why is no one here talking about Greece?

  • eric britton
    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 23, 2011

      I thought that was exactly the kind of important case your voices should be heard on loud and clear.  If you can't get a major tax shift, or at least a first class hot conversation, going on in such dire circumstances, it makes me wonder why we are here?

      With plenty of respect but still some questions,

      Eric Britton

      Your hired hand at the delicious Land Café

      Un projet de l'Association Ecoplan International (Loi de 1901)

      8/10, rue Jospeh Bara  •  Paris 75006 France

      +331 7550 3788  •  association@...    •  Skype newmobility

                       Sustainable Development, Business & Society | World Streets  | New Mobility Partnerships

       Siret 304555295 00019  Arrêté du ministre de l’intérieur. 19 août 1975

    • roy_langston1
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 18, 2011
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <burns-john@...>
        wrote:

        > Henry George was adamant that full Land Value Tax,
        > the Single Tax, would mean all would gain, no losers.

        I don't recall him saying that, and it certainly isn't
        true. Many people will lose, especially in the
        transition period. That is why we must design the
        transition to be as painless as possible for the great
        majority of landowners: those who own only the land
        under their dwellings. And that is why restoring the
        equal individual right to liberty through a universal
        individual exemption (or, second best, a CD) is crucial
        to our success. This is something Henry George either
        did not understand or did not give enough weight to, or
        the exemption would have been a central feature of his
        Single Tax advocacy.

        > All boats rise on the same rising tide.

        Er, those who can't be bothered swimming or walking are
        drowned by a rising tide.

        > * Will the corporations still be loyal to the US?

        Is a tapeworm loyal to its host?

        > * Will they do everything to get the LVT
        > implementing government out?

        Yes. And that will include assassination. Let's not
        kid ourselves on that score. This is serious business,
        and the vital interests of some very powerful and
        deeply evil people are at stake.