Re: Henry George on Facebook

  • Scott on the Spot
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
      I count no fewer than 5 Henry George FB sites, NOT including the ones for Common Ground-USA and Common Ground-NYC, and probably others. For whomever is tired of maintaining a lonely site, send them over to another site and let's see if we can combine our forces for a change.
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Wendell Fitzgerald" <wtfitzgerald84@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me who is behind "Henry George" in Facebook?

    • Jason
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
        That would make sense to have ONE Henry George Facebook page for all of
        the Georgists and Georgist groups.

        But as someone once said, getting Georgists together in such a way is
        like trying to herd cats! Insofar that that is true, that "cat
        mentality" really needs to change...

        ---Jason

        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Scott on the Spot" <ssbaker305@...>
        wrote:

        > I count no fewer than 5 Henry George FB sites, NOT including the ones
        for Common Ground-USA and Common Ground-NYC, and probably others. For
        whomever is tired of maintaining a lonely site, send them over to
        another site and let's see if we can combine our forces for a change.
        > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Wendell Fitzgerald" wtfitzgerald84@
        wrote:

        > > Can anyone tell me who is behind "Henry George" in Facebook?

      • bruno moser
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
          Hey, I am more than happy to relate any Georgist site to my 1'600 friends... but some "Henry Georges" have said: don't send me any more friend suggestions.  Bummer.

          Well, 9/11 was a tax-funded inside job and some people just love to live in denial. (even though good ol' Henry has said: that if we don't tax land values we'll see dark dark forces taking over - can't get much better than the FED and the New World Order under Bush/Cheney/G20)

          :)

          b., the reLOVEution

          --
          International Land Economics
          Philadelphia, Hanoi, Les Prés-d'Orvin

          TWO THOUGHTS FOR TODAY:
          A man can't ride on your back unless it's bent. -Martin Luther King, Jr., civil-rights leader (1929-1968)

          Wer die Wahrheit nicht kennt, ist nur ein Dummkopf. Wer sie aber kennt, und sie eine Lüge nennt, ist ein Verbrecher.
          -Galileo Galilei, Italienischer Physiker und Astronom,(1564 - 1642)

          wrote:

          > I count no fewer than 5 Henry George FB sites, NOT including the ones
          for Common Ground-USA and Common Ground-NYC, and probably others. For
          whomever is tired of maintaining a lonely site, send them over to
          another site and let's see if we can combine our forces for a change.
          > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Wendell Fitzgerald" wtfitzgerald84@
          wrote:

          > > Can anyone tell me who is behind "Henry George" in Facebook?

        • henry_brighton
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
            --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Scott on the Spot" <ssbaker305@...> wrote:

            > I count no fewer than 5 Henry George FB sites, NOT including the ones for Common Ground-USA and Common Ground-NYC, and probably others. For whomever is tired of maintaining a lonely site, send them over to another site and let's see if we can combine our forces for a change.
            > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Wendell Fitzgerald" <wtfitzgerald84@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Can anyone tell me who is behind "Henry George" in Facebook?

            Henry George of course. Or it might be a little bit of a tease.