A Descendent of Henry Henry George?

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2011

      Hello,

      I've recently had an e-mail exchange with Luis T. Gutiérrez, PhD, PE, editor of Mother Pelican: A Journal of Sustainable Human Development Luis wrote:

      • The recent issue was on the theme, "Transition from Homo Economicus to Homo Ecologicus".  This issue is focused on the transition from nonrenewable to renewable sources of energy, which is contingent on human adaptation from the economic mindset to the ecological mindset. The central concept is to mitigate the human propensity to consume and activate the human capacity to adapt. This will require interdisciplinary dialog between the physical sciences, the biological sciences, the social sciences, etc.

      I sent him an e-mail about Henry George and LVT and how this was relevant to this topic. He responded and thanked me, and he also sent me a link to the website for The Center for the Study of Democratic Societies (which I had come across before).

      The director for the Center is named Robley E. George. Now I could have sworn that I read somewhere that this guy was a descendent of Henry George.

      Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this guy is a descendent of Henry George? Just curious...If he is, I thought it might be a nice tidbit of info to share with Luis.

      Thanks.

      ---Jason