Re: [TaxShift] Harare, Zimbabwe: LVT

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2011
      Do they recall their own past?

      Most African countries failed because they adopted systems that were far too western, but still held tribal prejudices. Mugabe with his English accent and Oxbridge education, was highly tribal - his was the Shorna tribe, and he went about slaughtering the Matebele tribe, a subset of the Zulu. Traditionally the Mateble subjugated the Shorna. Many African leaders divide and rule by pitting one tribe against the other.

      Nevertheless, it is nice to see. The Zimbabwe people are very nice indeed. I know I have been there.